19 April 2012
Some things I never thought I’d be doing when I came here:
- Pick through my muesli to separate the mouse turds from the raisins.
- Try to make Fissan paste from mealiemeal, margerine and salt.
- Arrange curses and swearwords so they rhyme.
- Talk about the weather to a lizard with a blue tail.
- Fire-strip yellow fungus to get to the bread underneath.
- See a highly pregnant woman push a plough at 4.30 a.m.
- Drain muddy water from the headlights of a vehicle.
- Fry brinjals on the blade of a machete.
- Use four languages in the same sentence.
- Cybertrack the path of a cyclone.
- Take a picture of a giraffe’s dick.